Medical and biophysics Group
- Academic leader: Dr. Khaled Aaiza Saleh al-Zahrani
- Prof. Mohammed Suleiman AL-Ayed
- Prof. Majdi Mohammed Bin Ghannam
- Prof. Mohsen Mahmoud Madhi
- Dr. Hisham Abdulaziz Alhadlaq
- Dr. Aqub Ibrahim Mohammed Ali
- Dr. Saad A. Al-Dawood
ISI Publications (2018- 2019)
- Co-Exposure to SiO2 Nanoparticles and Arsenic Induced Augmentation of Oxidative Stress and Mitochondria-Dependent Apoptosis in Human Cells, M Ahamed, Mohd Javed Akhtar, HA Alhadlaq, International journal of environmental research and public health 2019, 16 (17): 3199.
- Preventive effect of TiO2 nanoparticles on heavy metal Pb-induced toxicity in human lung epithelial (A549) cells, M Ahamed, Mohd Javed Akhtar, HA Alhadlaq, Toxicology in Vitro 2019, 57: 18-27
- Oxidative stress mediated cytotoxicity and apoptosis response of bismuth oxide (Bi2O3) nanoparticles in human breast cancer (MCF-7) cells, M Ahamed, MJ Akhtar, MA Khan, S Alrokayan, HA Alhadlaq, Chemosphere 2019, 216: 18-27
- Different cytotoxic and apoptotic responses of MCF-7 and HT1080 cells to MnO2 nanoparticles are based on similar mode of action, HA Alhadlaq, Mohd Javed Akhtar, Maqusood Ahamed Toxicology 2019, 411: 71-80.
- MgO nanoparticles cytotoxicity caused primarily by GSH depletion in human lung epithelial cells, Mohd Javed Akhtar, Maqusood Ahamed, HA Alhadlaq, Salman A Alrokayan, Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology 2018, 50: 283-290.
- Oxidative stress mediated cytotoxicity of tin (IV) oxide (SnO2) nanoparticles in human breast cancer (MCF-7) cells, Maqusood Ahamed, Mohd Javed Akhtar, MA Majeed Khan, HA Alhadlaq Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2018, 156: 157-164.
Effect of mineral nanomaterials on normal and cancer cells.
Research Group (RGP- VPP-308) Deanship of Scientific Research.
Medical imaging, nanomedicine and toxicity of nanomaterials.
Chair of Tribology, surfaces and interfaces - Physics department.