The objectives of the department is to utilize all possible means in the University and be well connected and cooperative with all national and international similar departments to:
1- Achieve excellence in education and scientific research in the field of Zoology.
2- Develop and implement ways and means to ensure quality performance and outputs of the Zoology program.
3- Optimal use of modern technology in education and scientific research.
4-Implementation of advanced training to improve the skills of graduates in Zoology and related fields.
5-Creating engaging academic and scientific environment to attract outstanding faculty, researchers and students.
6-To improve the national and international partnerships with academic institutions and research centers.
Learning Outcomes for Zoology Program
- Possess a good command of fundamentals in Zoology and its relationship to other disciplines.
- Know the theories and scientific facts in the sections of Zoology and interrelations among organisms and their biosphere.
- Define laboratory bio-techniques and applications.
- Memorize the concepts of laboratory management, organization and evaluation.
- Recognize the management and concepts of bio-systems, organization and evaluation.
- Outline the policy and legislation of animal Science and ethics.
- Communicate effectively through writing reports, giving presentations, and participating in discussions,
- Develop life-long learning skills and a Zoological approach to research related problems in Zoology and related fields
- Design projects in Zoology
Interpersonal Skills & Responsibility
- Students will be able to work constructively in groups
- Acting as coordinator between members of the team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning
Communication, Information Technology, Numerical
- Communicate effectively with other members of the team.
- Demonstrate communication skills such as : writing, reading, presenting, negotiating and debating
- Demonstrate skill in the usage of computers, networks, and software packages relevant to Zoology
- Learn the principles of biostatistics