The College of Science represented by the Vice dean of the Academic Affair is working to develop and upgrade all academic affair to the international standards, by setting general regulations and mechanisms for the related issues.
One of the most important priorities of the of the Academic Affair Vice-deanship is: The Academic Mentoring:
- Giving the College of Science Students bigger chance to understand and comprehend all related issues of the departments and all regulations.
- As a step to avoid the student academic failure, the Vice deanship is making sure to activate the role of the Academic Mentor from the student first day till his graduation. The Academic Mentoring Unit in the College is taking care to follow up the issues of the unsuccessful students and trying to find logical solutions by coordination with the related departments.
- The Vice dean is also making sure their website has all general regulations of the accumulative average, notifications, gap semesters and course excuse. Since the student should be aware of all these regulation and work to avoid any academic problem as a result of non awareness.
- To change the classical evaluation "The first, second and final exams", the Vice deanship is developing news mechanisms for evaluation such as: Scientific presentations, reports, research papers, seminars beside the classical evaluation. The Vice deanship is also working to make these evaluations mechanisms common between all departments of the College. We are certain that such diversity will refine the students scientific and research skills, as well as improve the creative side for the students by changing him from recipient to participant.
- The role of the Vice deanship is not limited to follow up the student, but also indulge in a very important priority which is: Developing the Academic Program by coordinating with the Academic Program Developing Committee in the College of Science and The International Committee. The members are from all College Academic departments, they are working to meet and harmonize between the international and local contents. Our expectations is to have all students academic and scientific needs which meet the Market requirements. This is to give bigger opportunities to our alumni in getting the proper job.
The College Vice dean for the Academic Affair.