Academic Guidance for Botany and Microbiology Department
Office: A B 14 Building 5
the activity Is carried out by the academic instructors in the college to introduce the rules and regulations of the college and to help students in the academic progress and overcome the problems encountered by social, psychological, health or academic difficulties.
The most effective advisors assist advisees in effective decision making, thereby contributing to the development of mature and self-directed students. This can be accomplished by:
- Providing accurate information about institutional policies, procedures, resources, and programs.
- Assisting students in understanding the nature and purpose of higher education and the value of a general education.
- Assisting students in their consideration of life goals by relating interests, skills, abilities, and values to careers and the world of work.
- Assisting students in developing ad educational plan consistent with life goals and objectives (alternative courses of action, alternative career considerations, and selection of course).
- Assisting students in evaluation or reevaluation of progress toward established goals and educational plans.
- Assisting students in self-understanding and self-acceptance.
- Making referrals to other institutional or community support services.